- Siemens Eyes 40 Billion Euro of Green Revenue by 2014 – Reuters.com: Siemens aims to generate sales of more than 40 billion euros (US$56 billion) from its green technologies and products by 2014, Europe’s biggest industrial conglomerate said on Monday.
- Three Cool Home Office Designs – Inc.com: Vertical bookshelves line the walls, and a diagonal staircase leads to a horizontal catwalk overhead. A white translucent pleated shade controls solar glare for the large work surface.
- How Aaron Patzer Started Mint.com – Entrepreneur.com: The online entrepreneur talks about ditching his day job, finding investors and hiring top talent to launch his startup.
- Gritty Cities for a Greener World – FastCompany.com: Despite their images as dirty, gritty, smoggy concrete jungles, cities are good for the environment. New Scientist surveys a “wave of recent research,” concluding that if we want to reforest the earth and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, then massive waves of urbanization are our best bet.
- Problems and Constraints – Seth Godin’s Blog: Gravity is a constraint. If you’re a designing an airplane, it would be a lot easier without gravity as a concern, but hey, it’s not going away.