Saahil Mehta is an EO UAE member who has built successful businesses, including Saahil DMCC in the diamond industry and Resnet World, which spans three continents in the hospitality industry. Saahil will lead a masterclass at the 2021 Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal, on 4 November titled Scale your summits faster with strategic decluttering.
Even after achieving success as a serial entrepreneur, Saahil Mehta struggled to experience peace, happiness and abundance.
However, once he conquered his self-limiting mindsets and habits, he was able to reinvent the complete spectrum of his life—from mental focus to physical excellence and from beautiful relationships to efficient environments. How? He achieved this with a singular focus on “decluttering” what no longer serves his life’s true calling and purpose. Strategic decluttering empowered him to scale the metaphorical summits of personal mastery in addition to scaling four of the world’s tallest mountains, his childhood dream.
Today, Saahil continues running his business ventures and has also embarked upon a new life as the author of Break Free and an entrepreneurial coach. He’s deeply focused on guiding thoughtful leaders to navigate their health, wealth and relationships as they scale their summits with the help of his proven set of tools and rituals to experience ultimate peace and freedom.
We asked Saahil about his upcoming masterclass at the 2021 Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal, titled Scale your summits faster with strategic decluttering. Here’s what he shared:
How do you define strategic decluttering, and why is it critical for entrepreneurs?
Clutter is nothing more than shunned confrontations, whether in our mind, about our health, in our relationships or our extended physical environment.
As entrepreneurs are scaling their summits of success, this clutter adds excess weight which no longer serves any function or purpose. Accumulated clutter keeps slowing you down, requiring more energy and reducing the chances of ever getting to your summit—be that in health, wealth, relationships or otherwise.
By removing clutter from their lives, entrepreneurs will be able to scale their summits of success faster.
What 3 tips can you offer entrepreneurs to start the decluttering process?
- Ask yourself where you see your life at the age of 80. Once you have an idea of how you want your life to be, it becomes much easier to make decisions that align with where you wish to go.
- Start a daily practice of reflecting on your life by reviewing your actions in the last 24 hours to determine what worked for you and what did not. For things which did not turn out so well, what could you do differently?
- Listen to your body. Your body is constantly giving feedback. However, when you are always on the run—as many entrepreneurs are—you may not be listening. A great practice I use is to do a body wellness scan at least once a day by taking a much-required pause.
What are the benefits of strategic decluttering at work and in our personal lives?
There are five critical benefits I would like to highlight:
- More time for your priorities and passions, allowing for greater productivity and joy
- Greater levels of focus and awareness in all areas of life
- Clarity on your goals and a blueprint to drive the changes in your life to meet them
- Stronger and deeper relationships that enable better teamwork
- Starting each day with high energy, ready to take on any challenge
Why do you recommend that entrepreneurs attend your Web Summit masterclass?
Entrepreneurs will receive practical tools and rituals for each of the four dimensions of life—mind, body, people and the material world. These practices will help you remove the clutter holding you back, which you will be able to apply immediately. In addition, you will hear from a diverse set of entrepreneurs about how they have used the tools and rituals to achieve positive results in their lives.
Why is it important for you to give back to the entrepreneurial community by leading this masterclass?
Not very long ago, I was on the other side of the room—living a life on auto-pilot and suffering in silence.
Today, after having invested the energy and time in consciously changing my lifestyle, my mindset and my habits, I have personally experienced the extraordinary benefits of decluttering my life. I love to pay it forward, helping like-minded folks do the same.
I live a life of service toward others. I have been blessed with this knowledge that allowed me to scale my summits of success faster and find more peace within myself. It is my duty as a global citizen to now give back and help others on their journey.
If Web Summit attendees can take away one critical concept from your masterclass, what would it be?
In order for each attendee to make an impact, I want them to realize that they first need to work on themselves. As you remove the clutter from your life, you will be able to scale your summits of success faster, thus creating more impact.
It takes one to change a few, a few to change many, and many to change the world. It all starts with one.
What clutter is holding you back from greatness?