- With Warning, Obama Presses China on Currency – NYTimes.com: President Obama increased pressure on China to immediately revalue its currency on Thursday, devoting most of a two-hour meeting with China’s prime minister to the issue and sending the message, according to one of his top aides, that if “the Chinese don’t take actions, we have other means of protecting U.S. interests.”
- How to Make Money on Tumblr – Inc.com: Why would customers want to see a photo of the CEO laughing at the company barbeque? Read the IT guy’s musings? Watch a childhood video of the marketing director? The answer is connection.
- Brazil Basks in Record Petrobras Deal – BBC.co.uk: President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva hailed a “new chapter in Brazil’s development” on Friday after state oil company Petrobras sold $70 billion in shares at a higher-than-expected price, a record deal that could make the country one of the top global energy exporters.
- Five Tips for Marketing to College Students – Entrepreneur.com: College students are geared up for the fall semester, and entrepreneurs everywhere are trying to grab their fleeting attention. They’re part of that coveted 18- to 30-year-old demographic.
- The Real Fight Over Hidden Airline Fees – BusinessWeek.com: Travel agent and consumer groups claiming to be “mad as hell” are pressing federal regulators for new rules that would force airlines to tell fliers up front about the many fees they’ve tacked onto ticket prices. Charges for such things as checked luggage, extra legroom, and early boarding can add considerably to basic airfares.