We created 3,065 posts on our social media platforms this calendar year, in which we shared member stories, tips from experts, pictures from events and more! To wrap up the year, we researched and found which stories you liked best. Here were the top three most engaging stories in 2015:
#EOlooksback 31 Days of #WOMENtrepreneurship advice best practices better business better business practices bold book branding business career company culture economy entrepreneur entrepreneurial journey entrepreneurs' organization entrepreneurship eo EO Accelerator eo nashville eo new york family finance growth hiring inc inc.com inspirational internet interview leadership lessons learned management marketing money online productivity sales small business social media startup success technology tips web site
- Seth’s Blog: Monitoring Your Internal Monologue: How people make decisions can either be apparent to them or not. Seth Godin describes successful entrepreneurs who just know things, and those who actively search inside themselves to figure out why they made a decision.
- Chile Wants to Borrow US Entrepreneurs for $40,000 – Maureen Farrell – Scaling Up | Forbes: The Chilean government would like 25 US entrepreneurs to come and set up shop in Chile. They will pay them US$40,000 for six months, and the entrepreneurs will be given a year-long visa if they decide to stay longer. What’s the catch? The Chilean government wants the entrepreneurs to attend local networking events. The incubator process in the long run could help Chile nurture it’s own entrepreneur community.
- Lujiazui Breakfast: News and Views about China’s Stocks (Aug. 23) – Russell Flannery – China Wealth | Forbes: Even though the 2010 net profit for the first six months increased by 6.7 percent, foreign companies are still pressuring the Chinese government to improve their investment climate. In China, investors are worried about a double-dip recession. The Chinese government may tell real estate companies to bring idle land to the market, but the majority are hesitating.
- 10 Awesome Tools for Business Owners and Startups | BusinessBlogs Hub: Online tools are available, but sometimes hard to find. These are 10 online resources that will help you do your work. 1. Notixtech.com 2. idesignyourlogo.com 3. EmailMeForm.com 4. Moo.com 5. FreshBooks.com 6.Flowtown 7. IdeaPaint.com 8. Websticker.com 9. Shipwire.com 10. Call Recorder for Skype by Ecamm.
- Seth’s Blog: Finding inspiration instead of it finding you: Ever been unable to think of an idea? Seth Godin’s solution is to train your interesting and creative ideas to show up when you need them. Through simple activities, like writing a blog post every day, you can train your ideas to work on your time.
- Turning Whisky Into Biofuel – Forbes.com: Whisky is the next potential biofuel. Whisky (Scottish-English), when it has gone bad, produces two things: pot ale and draff. Pot ale and draff can then be combined chemically to create a biofuel. “The biofuel, called butanol,” explains Robin Shreeves, “gives 30 percent more power output than ethanol.”
- Four Ways to Catch Up on Your Retirement Savings: Haven’t been saving enough? Here are some tips to get back up to speed.
- Credit Unions to the Rescue?: If your credit card company or bank is changing their policies to inhibit you, your next step may be credit unions. Credit unions usually have lower rates because they “exist for the benefit of their members.” This can be attributed to their tight lending standards.