Nearly 3,000 leading entrepreneurs chime in on the state of the global business landscape
The Global Entrepreneur Indicator (GEI), a bi-annual survey conducted by Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), released the latest findings from business owners from around the world.
The September GEI—taken by 2,851 leading entrepreneurs—reveals the current state of 46 countries’ business landscapes and economic health, among other real-time data on job creation, profit outlook and access to capital to identify economic trends and drive fiscal growth.
This bi-annual report also examines year-over-year comparisons. Accordingly, 2,094 EO members participated in the August 2013 survey, and 2,252 participated in the November 2012 survey.
Additional findings from the survey conclude:
- While 61 percent of entrepreneurs added full-time jobs in the past six months, 60 percent expect full-time job growth to stay the same during the next six months.
- Only 5 percent of entrepreneurs expect part-time jobs to decrease in the next six months, while 47 percent expect part-time jobs to increase.
- In the past six months, 68 percent of entrepreneurs reported an increase in business revenue while 80 percent expect revenue increases in the next six months.
- In the US, where 1,355 entrepreneurs were surveyed, 61 percent of entrepreneurs in South Asia and the United States reported either having created full-time jobs or seen no change at all in their respective workforce.
- Europe/Middle East region leads all regional job growth predictions (71 percent) in the coming six months, followed by U.S. (67 percent), Latin America/Caribbean (64 percent), Asia Pacific (61 percent), Canada (57 percent) and South Asia (54 percent).
- Globally, 60 percent of business owners reported increased profit margins in the last six months. Over the same period, the US has had the strongest profit reporting (65 percent), with Europe/Middle East (59 percent), Latin America/Caribbean (60 percent) and Asia Pacific (56 percent) following closely. Canada and South Asia are lagging behind at 54 and 53 percent, respectively.
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) is a global, peer-to-peer network of more than 10,000 influential business owners with 143 chapters in 46 countries. Founded in 1987, EO is the catalyst that enables leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow, leading to greater success in business and beyond.
Categories: EO News