By Robyn Vinter, content strategist at bitmedia
When travelling, whether a long or short journey, organization is key. Everyone has heard horror stories of people losing their passports, misunderstanding foreign customs or arriving at the airport only to find their flight departed the day before.
Here are some top tips to make sure everything runs smoothly.
1. You can make massive savings by getting foreign currency changed before you travel. At the last minute, it is always tempting to get your money changed at the airport, but the exchange rates differ considerably so it is best to shop around to get a good deal.
2. Make sure you have a folder containing all your travel documents. It’s easy to misplace a boarding pass or prescription when you’re stressed, so the easiest thing to do is to have everything in one place.
3. Read up on the area you are visiting. It sounds like an obvious one, but you would be surprised at how many people travel to a country without doing any research on the place. Make sure you know what the customs, religious beliefs and food are like, and learning a few words of the language can get you far.
4. Write down your flight times and numbers, any connections, as well as any other travel arrangements, trains, shuttle buses, allowing enough time to make it from one to the other. A good idea is to research other travel options in case your flight is delayed. Make sure you leave a copy of this with someone at home, so that they know exactly where you will be, should anything go wrong.
5. Book your airport parking online using a parking comparison site before you travel. Airport parking can be expensive if you don’t shop around and the last thing you want to worry about while you’re away is your car. Certain reputable parking comparison sites vet their car parks to make sure your pride and joy is safe and secure for the length of your journey.
By following these simple tips, your journey is sure to be a relaxing one.