- How Panera Bread Kept Rising through the Recession – Businessweek.com: Executive Chairman Ronald Shaich tells Businessweek.com the chain prospered by adding staff and boosting food quality while competitors cut back.
- The Darwinian Business of Designing Machines – FastCompany.com: Industrial designers spend their days creating the DNA of machines. Just like with animals, the best survive, the worst die out. Here’s what it takes to create a winner.
- How to Make Your Business Known – Inc.com: We all have a tendency to focus too narrowly at times and to worry about things that aren’t real problems. As a result, we waste mental energy that could be better spent in other ways.
- Is it Time for You to Get Anti-Social? – Entrepreneur.com: Why some small businesses have pulled back from social media — and are better off as a result.
- Chinese Households See No Investment Like Yuan as Rates Rise: China Credit – Bloomberg.com: At a time when Chinese officials are seeking to stop “hot money” from abroad fueling asset bubbles, the nation’s households are determining there is no place like home to invest their record savings as the yuan appreciates.