- Google Gaining on Booming Smartphone Market – Reuters.com: Google’s Android software platform rose to No. 2 spot globally on the booming smartphone market in the third quarter, research firm Canalys said on Monday.
- Six Budgeting Tips for 2011 – Inc.com: Some businesses like to tackle their budget by looking at last year’s numbers and increasing or decreasing that by a certain percentage (a top-down approach). Others like to start from zero and add on what they’ll need next year (bottom-up). But remember this: Don’t try to do both.
- The Fifth C of Community, Social Commerce – FastCompany.com: Brands are racing to create a social presence on Facebook, Twitter, and the hottest social networks of the moment. The initial goals, of course, are to increase brand awareness and build community.
- Most Expensive Colleges – CNNMoney.com: The cost of college is jumping across the board, but these 10 institutions take the cake as the priciest schools around.
- E-Commerce in Reverse – Entrepreneur.com: Milo bridges online and in-store selling with a site that lets consumers search for products offered by local merchants.