- You should always be on the lookout for qualified sales leads. Even, apparently, in the ladies’ room.
- Heroes and Mentors – Seth Godin’s Blog: Mentors provide bespoke guidance. They take a personal interest in you. It’s customized, rare and expensive. Heroes live their lives in public, broadcasting their model to anyone who cares to look.
- The Pros and Cons of Google Voice – Entrepreneur.com: Features like call routing, screening and voice-to-text functionality–and the lack of a price tag–give Google Voice strong appeal to more than 1 million users. Others can’t get over the quirks. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
- Management Tip of the Day – Appeal to the Power of Generosity – Reuters.com: Feeling powerless makes people frustrated and anxious. And in business, it is easy to feel that someone else always has the power: customers can take their business elsewhere, employees can leave their jobs, colleagues can focus on their own agendas.
- Bernake Signals Intent to Further Spur Economy – NYTimes.com: The Federal Reserve chairman, Ben S. Bernanke, appeared to remove any lingering doubt Friday that the central bank would take new actions to fortify the torpid recovery and fight low inflation and high unemployment.