- How to Cold Call Big Customers – Inc.com: Terrified by the thought of making a cold call? Does the thought of ringing a Fortune 500 firm and asking a high-profile executive for some face time give you goose bumps? There’s good cause to be anxious about cold calling.
- Why the Network is Everything – Entrepreneur.com: Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub recently published a great memoir called When I Stop Talking, You’ll Know I’m Dead that illustrates the power of the network. In it, he tells story after story about how a relationship, properly maintained, brought him further along in his business than anything else.
- Shadow Banks Benefit from Wall Street’s Red Glare – Reuters.com: Hedge fund types don’t have much to complain about. The latest evidence is Blackstone’s seeding of a new fund for commodity traders, led by George “Beau” Taylor, who are leaving Credit Suisse .
- Can Anyone Beat the iPad? – CNNMoney.com: In a note to clients issued Monday morning, Canaccord Genuity’s T. Michael Walkley offers a snapshot of what he thinks the tablet market will look like by the end of next year.
- The Worst Ads of 2010 – FastCompany.com: It seems advertisers are hell-bent on making the commercial breaks that separate fans from Mad Men and Jersey Shore the longest, most excruciating minutes of our lives.